JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Good JJJ is around. JJJ Where the fuck is Hopes? He hasn't posted on here or patreon since May 29th. That should mean an abandoned tag on this game. He went full time and now nobody hears from him. Seems kind of backwards to me.

I joking congratulated him on the fifth year anniversary of this game last July I think. Now we've passed year 6 and still no new content. Weren't production times suppose to be speeding up. Smaller updates and all that. Is the man still alive out there. Give me some HOPE that this game isn't dead.
I'll send him a message on discord and see what's up.
Though no promises as to when I'll get a reply back from him.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
That should mean an abandoned tag on this game.
Only true if he hasn't posted on any of his official channels:
  • Abandoned: used in the following cases:
    • The developer states that the development has been permanently suspended.
    • After 3 months of inactivity from the developer's public creator/crowdfunding accounts (Patreon, SS, etc), we will resolve special circumstances or scenarios on a case-by-case basis (no creator accounts, creators developing for free, Patreon accounts under review/ban).
    • No game update has been released for an abnormally long period of time (>18 months).
    • Game threads that are marked On-hold for over 6 months with no game update.
    • Note: this prefix is only removed upon the release of a new update for purchase/download.
So, I'm in agreement with WhiteyG here.

Oh great scholar of Deluca, does he have posted anythin on his other accounts? I don't see any on Patreon (younger than 3 months) and on Devianart he hasn't had a new post since ages. Steam, Discord and what was former know as Twitter, I either can't or won't check.
He hasn't shown himself here since May either. So if it is so, that he hasn't post anything in 3 months on his accounts, then I go and request the prefix in accordance to the site rules.

Last edited:

minibaer12

Oct 1, 2023
I'll send him a message on discord and see what's up.
Though no promises as to when I'll get a reply back from him.
I sincerely hope that you will receive an answer, because the way 2024 went has given me a bad feeling!

Mwrp

Jul 27, 2018
At this point , I have played Luna's story 5 times. (With different updates of course)
It breaks my hard everytime. But I just wanted to tell it is one of the finest pieces of Story telling I felt. How characters were established. Hero, Villain arc.
It's just not shocking cruelty (Which it kinda is) . Great work Dev

Ancient Devil

Dec 20, 2023

Oh great scholar of Deluca, does he have posted anythin on his other accounts? I don't see any on Patreon (younger than 3 months) and on Devianart he hasn't had a new post since ages. Steam, Discord and what was formally know as Twitter, I either can't or won't check.
He hasn't shown himself here since May either. So if it is so, that he hasn't post anything in 3 months on his accounts, then I go and request the prefix in accordance to the site rules.
Something to think about.
Everyone knows of patreon, and on discord his last reply that I could find, is of 9th July, more than 2 months ago.
I wouldn't think of abandoned tag just yet. I remember JJJ sharing a SS of his discord chat a month ago. So as long as the dev is working, it is fine by me.
Just to be clear, I am not supporting him in not making any public/paid post. Giving his supporters and fans like us with nothing is really a bad move for the game itself.
But in his case, we and he got JJJ here as sort of a mediator :BootyTime: .
So this can be taken as a special circumstance (in my opinion, rest is upto mods or whoever manages these stuff)

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
That should mean an abandoned tag on this game.

Oh great scholar of Deluca, does he have posted anythin on his other accounts? I don't see any on Patreon (younger than 3 months) and on Devianart he hasn't had a new post since ages. Steam, Discord and what was formally know as Twitter, I either can't or won't check.
The most recent post he made for his official discord server from what I can tell is the post he made in its Patreons Lobby Channel which is the following.

Snap 2024-09-17 at 07.08.50.png

So there's roughly about 1 month remaining for him to make a post (whether in Patreon/Steam/Discord/Twitter) until zone's 3 months inactivity rule applies with the abandoned prefix tag.

I sincerely hope that you will receive an answer, because the way 2024 went has given me a bad feeling!
I think he will.
Only question is when.

The thing is, I'm going on a holiday for roughly 2 weeks in early October and during that period I'll be very much away from internet for most part.
Hence, Hopes may reply during the time I'm on my holiday with me missing his reply until I get back.

Here's hoping I can get a reply from him before I do next month, but if not then it is what it is.

Something to think about.
Everyone knows of patreon, and on discord his last reply that I could find, is of 9th July, more than 2 months ago.
I wouldn't think of abandoned tag just yet. I remember JJJ sharing a SS of his discord chat a month ago. So as long as the dev is working, it is fine by me.
Just to be clear, I am not supporting him in not making any public/paid post. Giving his supporters and fans like us with nothing is really a bad move for the game itself.
But in his case, we and he got JJJ here as sort of a mediator :BootyTime: .
So this can be taken as a special circumstance (in my opinion, rest is upto mods or whoever manages these stuff)
Yeah, of course, my DMs with him are clear sign that he's still working on the game, but if the zone's moderators wanna be strict about it, then the latest I guess would be the Patreons Lobby Channel post from his official discord server which I screenshot above, which is just a little short of 2 months.

Having said that, the sentiment is understandable.
It's been quite a while since Hopes shared anything (e.g. plans, teases, more previews), so no doubt there's a lot of wondering about what's in store for the game's future.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
I don't think that hopes doen't work on the game and hopefully that is true. I do believe, he does a piss poor job in communicating this to his audience.
One thing is working on his game, the other is communication with his audience. Sure, if he goes for Steam and put the game on whole there after it is "finish" it is something different. Yet, for a dev that has a Parteon or Subscribestar or whatever "donation" service active, I, at least, await that he post somewhat regularly on this channel (can mean once a month or all two month small update aka, still working on it).

The most recent post he made for his official discord server from what I can tell is the post he made in its Patreons Lobby Channel which is the following.

So there's roughly about 1 month remaining for him to make a post (whether in Patreon/Steam/Discord/Twitter) until zone's 3 months inactivity rule applies with the abandoned prefix tag.
I don't know if this count. I don't have access to it, as a none paying user.
Also "few days" it is...

Last edited:

camube

Jun 4, 2022

View attachment 4040787

I think he will.
Only question is when.

The thing is, I'm going on a holiday for roughly 2 weeks in early October and during that period I'll be very much away from internet for most part.
Hence, Hopes may reply during the time I'm on my holiday with me missing his reply until I get back.

Here's hoping I can get a reply from him before I do next month, but if not then it is what it is.

Yeah, of course, my DMs with him are clear sign that he's still working on the game, but if the zone's moderators wanna be strict about it, then the latest I guess would be the Patreons Lobby Channel post from his official discord server which I screenshot above, which is just a little short of 2 months.

It's been quite a while since Hopes shared anything (e.g. plans, teases, more previews), so no doubt there's a lot of wondering about what's in store for the game's future.
i have confident that he's working. Arrendersi was really good and after that we got the lore articles.

I do think devs, not just hopes really need to post in patreon at least once a month or something. Just say smthn. I really dont care what the content is tbh

Reactions: JJJ84

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I don't think that hopes doen't work on the game and hopefully that is true. I do believe he does a piss poor job in communicating this to his audience.
One thing is working on his game, the other is communication with his audience. Sure, if he goes for Steam and put the game on whole there after it is "finish" it is something different. Yet, for a dev that has a Parteon or Subscribestar or whatever "donation" service active, I, at least, await that he post somewhat regularly on this channel (can mean once a month or all two month small update aka, still working on it).
I agree that with Hopes, his communication approach to his fans could really use some work.
But we already kinda knew this given he has been terrible at giving ETAs (that even he pokes fun at himself about it :HideThePain::KEK:).

Would be nice if he can give more consistent update posts, but oh well.
It is what it is.

i have confident that he's working. Arrendersi was really good and after that we got the lore articles.

I do think devs, not just hopes really need to post in patreon at least once a month or something. Just say smthn. I really dont care what the content is tbh
Yeah, consistency is definitely the key in player retention.
Not saying there's lack of fans with DeLuca, but if Hopes can be more consistent with those Patreon posts (as you said, monthly), then I'd imagine it can only be more beneficial.

Reactions: sahadeva

WhiteyG

Sep 30, 2020

View attachment 4040787

I think he will.
Only question is when.

Well it's something to hold off an abandoned tag I guess. But still that was almost 2 months ago and says update post in a few days. I thought that when Hopes decided to go for it and make this his full time job we would see a lot more effort. That doesn't appear to be the case so far. If he is hoping to make a living off of this game he is going about it the wrong way. You aren't going to attract new supporters with little to no communication and taking forever to put out an update.

Thanks for digging that up though and keep me posted. Hopefully I'm totally off and he's been grinding away on the update.

c3p0 tell Floaty to get ready, because if he abandons this game we are putting out a hit on Hopes. :devilish:

Wahahahaha

Reactions: JJJ84 and c3p0

a-user

Jun 28, 2017
i've been playing the game almost from the start and while i agree with JJJ here that the lack of communication from Hopes is something that has been known to exist for longer periods of time, especially considering his hatred towards ETA's. However, giving promisses to the public is something scary so i can imagine that you avoid doing that, but what about sharing his achievements, why did he not publish a single render/preview or something real that he actually made? I mean about 2 years ago these updates existed atleast every 2 months. But now real update messages have been lacking for a very long time.

• Hey there
Reactions: JJJ84

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
i've been playing the game almost from the start and while i agree with JJJ here that the lack of communication from Hopes is something that has been known to exist for longer periods of time, especially considering his hatred towards ETA's. However, giving promisses to the public is something scary so i can imagine that you avoid doing that, but what about sharing his achievements, why did he not publish a single render/preview or something real that he actually made? I mean about 2 years ago these updates existed atleast every 2 months. But now real update messages have been lacking for a very long time.
Well........ I wouldn't say he hates giving ETAs.
It's more like he's frequently had trouble sticking to his original ETA announcements, that's it's become a little bit of a meme (within DeLuca community) that Hopes is terrible at giving out ETAs.
Thus, Hopes avoids giving out ETAs nowadays, while embracing this whole meme thing even poking fun at himself. :KEK:

As for communication with the fans, only thing I'll say is that I hope it gets better.

Reactions: sahadeva

miyaa1306

Aug 24, 2020
Well it's something to hold off an abandoned tag I guess. But still that was almost 2 months ago and says update post in a few days. I thought that when Hopes decided to go for it and make this his full time job we would see a lot more effort. That doesn't appear to be the case so far. If he is hoping to make a living off of this game he is going about it the wrong way. You aren't going to attract new supporters with little to no communication and taking forever to put out an update.

Thanks for digging that up though and keep me posted. Hopefully I'm totally off and he's been grinding away on the update.

c3p0 tell Floaty to get ready, because if he abandons this game we are putting out a hit on Hopes. :devilish:

Wahahahaha
That's why I stopped paying this month. I figured as full time he would get more considerate. However, it doesnt seem to have changed at all. Love the game but don't feel like he is considerate of the paying people.

minibaer12

Oct 1, 2023
Well, I don't know what to think of the whole situation. I'm torn between two options.

Option 1: I want to believe that the dev is actually working on S2 in his quiet little room and I also want to believe his statement that he is now doing this full-time. I would say that he should urgently rethink his business model. It's hair-raising and I can only shake my head.

Option 2: Here I am assuming that the dev... *censored*... I'm still playing v0.09.6! A look at the changelog and especially a look at the program directory shows that the REALLY last update was v0.09.0. And as we know, that was over a year ago. Everything else is refactoring and preparation for the Steam release. And since then there has been RADIO SILENCE!

Reactions: a-user

a-user

Jun 28, 2017
Well........ I wouldn't say he hates giving ETAs.
It's more like he's frequently had trouble sticking to his original ETA announcements, that's it's become a little bit of a meme (within DeLuca community) that Hopes is terrible at giving out ETAs.
Thus, Hopes avoids giving out ETAs nowadays, while embracing this whole meme thing even poking fun at himself. :KEK:

As for communication with the fans, only thing I'll say is that I hope it gets better.
Let's be honest, that's like saying in nice words that he hates them. But you know, that is okay, I guess if I look at myself Irl I hate them too :rolleyes:

I really hope that you are right because I enjoyed playing his game a lot. But for me it feels that for whatever valid reasons, he's lost his commitment and maby he does not even know this himself yet.

Either way, if he truly is working full time on the game now I would suggest him to rethink it all over because he is currently loosing his credibility. There is no shame in stopping a project that you can not manage.

Mwrp

Jul 27, 2018
Just ended playing season 1.
It seemed weird.
I remembered
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
was established or did I imagine it. But this time around it is not here.

Anyways Here's my prediction what Wilfred is Planning:
1. Gracie is the one who will take mantle . Antonio is pretty useless.
2. Joey will be Gracie's wilfred. He is being purposefully hidden for some reason.
3. Not sure what's the plan with Protagonist yet. I remembered him not being serpent potential. He's not a big strategist either Gracie is enough for that. I dont think Wilfred wants them as a couple either. Although game has implied fire and water thing.
Wilfred can think Protagonist as Gracies Wilfred but again Protagonist is in situation tactician rather than long term planner that Wilfred is. Protagonists role is confusing but he is also something related to his fathers family so.
4. Luna is definitely going to be Serpent. As for now each serpent is ridiculous and Luna fits the bill. This also goes for Joey though.

Protagonist also made some good relation with other families and that's pretty cool.

I know season one is over this game could never come back. That will be a shame but it is what it is. I loved season 1.

Reactions: DaffyDuck_Wiz
4.40 star(s) 503 Votes