Unity - Completed - Claire's Adventure [v1.0.2] [RipeBananaGames]

1. 3.00 star(s)

GoldenRetriever123

Version: v1.0.2

M8 im either brain dead or the game hard locked me from completing it twice, its a pretty glitchy game. The game is a exploration puzzle game, but it gives you no fucking directions to go to, so you just end up wandering around the map until you find something to do.
    The game is pretty short, even though i love the concept of the game it doesnt have much in the gameplay and sex scenes department.
    Could have been better if i could complete the game.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

bluecat

Very good game for interactive BDSM content. On par with Bondage Island or other BDSM-centered games. Must play if you are looking for female-sub main character bondage themed game.

I hope a sequel is coming.
  3. 1.00 star(s)

jeos1

Sorry, but this is a complete waste of time. A lot of stupid walking around on a map on which it´s hard to keep guidance. The dialogues want to be funny but came out boring instead. The game has a bad text / render ratio. you often have to read about 20 lines of text and nothing visual happens.
    Claire ist nice and the renders are good, if this was a comic it may be worth two stars - as long as it wants to be a game, even one star is too much.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

Arkady

Since the update, this looks to be a solid technical framework for a scavenger hunt type game.

That's all it is, though; to be more than that, it'd need a bit more fleshing out of the world with life and logic. This is the kind of game that feels rather devoid of life if hardly anything but quest-relevant NPCs reacts at all!

For a specific gripe, police cars should probably actually react to naked bondage girls somehow - especially given the silly story premise is that for some reason, naked bondage girls better run from the police...

Unfortunately, it doesn't really look like the author is too keen on expanding this game, but maybe an eventual Claire's Adventure 2 will be more than just a solid tech framework.
  5. K
    5.00 star(s)

Kinkyboi77

Good paced game with some pretty hot moments. Definitely enjoyed playing and completed twice now. Really liked the fast food restaurant scene which you see if you don't have enough money and keep going back... VERY BDSM.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

theonlyondgreat

Well, I have to say, i quiet liked that game. It was a funny and short but really nice. Also after the update I didn't entcounter any more bugs and was way faster with the new map. I hope there will be a sequel.
  7. 3.00 star(s)

SteelyDan14

I think overall it is a fun concept, but it would be better classified as a Demo as I would hope the Dev would not consider this complete.

Pros:
    MC is hot and the renders are well done. The gameplay is smooth and there did not appear to be any coding bugs. The game does freeze, so obviously there is something off with the code, but nothing broke for me in the game and I was able to complete it. The concept is fun and there is some light humor so overall not bad.

Cons:
    The map goes on and on and is too large so you are constantly wandering around lost as your points of reference are constantly shifting. I would rather the map be static rather than roll over. If you leave the bottom of the map, it takes you to the top. Maddening.

Needs more content for this to be considered a complete game.

The "hit boxes" need to be fixed. I walked all around and thru an item several times before I finally came at it at the right angle. It should be pretty easy to pick items up once you find them but it's not.

Otherwise, I think it is a great start. I would like to see more of it.
  8. 1.00 star(s)

ElBandarra

This is not a "completed" game. It could be a "tech demo" at best.
    There are a lot of bugs that kill the game, and there is no way of saving your progress, so every time the game freezes and you must close it, you must start the game again from the very beginning.

The initial premise of the game could be funny: a girl in bondage for some reason gets lost in the city and has to free herself, but the game is bad executed: it consists in wandering around an infinite map were you will get lost pretty soon. Sometimes you find some "Easter eggs" that you need for completing stupid quest in order of getting events with other generic characters: long and boring as hell. Also the sense of humor is absurd and pretty much stupid. Add the bugs to the equation and you has an unplayable game.
  9. 2.00 star(s)

gdrocker

Amending the text portion of my review a bit. The old one will still be down below for your reading pleasure, and I'm not changing the score based on my change in attitude toward it, but my more recent feelings will be here.

The game is... simple. It's certainly flawed, confused, and very lacking in content, but there's not much to say that's bad about it. My thoughts on the graphics still stand—they're not "3D", they're digitized sprites on a field ripped right out of RPGMaker—but the gameplay is... just alright. You're stuck at the same speed the entire time throughout the game, and the only reason that's acceptable is because of the screen wrap; you leave one side of the screen, you end up on the other side of the map (which can be useful if you're doing missions for Pony Girls LLC and taking items to LaFiene or Slootsville Hoe-Tel, but is otherwise disorienting). It's a damn shame we can't enjoy the full model of the character in some form, either with unlockable CGs or with some sort of in-game status meter, but... oh well, I guess. And a lot of the pick-ups don't do anything—used condoms, cock rings, chocolate panties, a murder confession... none of it has any bearing on the story, so the only reason I can think that they're included is to add some color and pop to the barren wastes of the game's great expanses. And yes, the game is entirely beatable without having to subject yourself to the "coin flip" glitch, though if you're skilled enough to get money without it is all up to you; you'll need at least $12.75 to beat the game, and with the random $5 pick-up and the glitchy double-or-nothing minigame, you still need to find a way to get a few more dollars.

It's not hard, it's just frustrating, and with no sorts of navigational markers or interesting set pieces to tell areas apart, you're bound to get lost very easily. If it was at least an actual 3D game, I might be so inclined to give it an extra star, but you never see the character in their full glory aside from a dinky little sprite and there's nothing in the way of a story to engage the player, so you might as well just pass this by.
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
  10. 4.00 star(s)

neithernor

Edited for 1.0.1
    a unique short game and compared to v.1 it feels like a completely different game.

good:
    -Dev FIXED all the bad stuff! yey!
    -a unique game.
    -has an awesome map.
    -characters looks good.
    -good simple and clear quest log.

bad:
    -low on content